The first Norwich Radical Film Festival was the most incredible project any of us had participated in. It was in equal parts intoxicating, frustrating and rewarding, and saw us welcome filmmakers from as far away as LA, New Zealand, Austria and Rio! We championed the type of films that many cinema goers would never have had chance to see in a picture-house, and gave the community a unique opportunity to interact with the art they love. But for the incredible event we managed to pull off last year, I would not be willing to undergo the madness of orchestrating a repeat performance. But in order to make this a reality, I need more help than ever before to pull it off, having funded our last outing out of pocket.
Sure, it was a dream of mine to see a radical film festival in my home town, and sure I have no regrets about financially crippling myself to make it happen, but this time it can only work if we all pitch in and give what we can. We need you – please, give what you can to our campaign for a number of cool rewards. Please don’t tell us to go fund ourselves again. 😉
What We Need & What You Get
- We are setting a grand target of £6,000. Of that, £1000 will go toward clearing debts from last year and £5,000 will be split between venues, print-traffic, technical support, staffing costs, advertising and the publication of our programme.
- Our perks – beyond the fact we’ll actually be able to continue providing you with independent films you won’t see anywhere else, or if you are a filmmaker, we will be able to continue providing a platform for your art – include a festival pass at the time of the event, which will give you access all areas as well as entry to the workshops and industry parties we are due to host, along with a free printed programme and an NRFF hold-all.
- Last year we served as a launch-pad to filmmakers who went on to win accolades across the world, kicking on from their success at NRFF2016.
- We also enabled kids from the Pathways School for children with learning disabilities to learn the art of filmmaking, giving them the chance to find their voice in a new medium, helping them to express themselves and their worldviews in a way they had never before.
- We provided priceless experience for local college students from East Norfolk Sixth Form, who gained valuable industry know-how and networks through volunteering at our main-events.
- We were voted among the Top 100 Best Reviewed film festivals on Film Freeway following our first year.
Other Ways You Can Help
Please, the next most helpful thing you can do after contributing is to share this appeal: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/norwich-radical-film-festival/x/13070893#/
If you are keen to get involved in the running of the festival itself meanwhile, please visit www.norwichradicalfilmfestival.com/support